Kupika.net

Kupika.net

 The official Kupika forum


Go Back   Kupika.net > Kupika > Stuff That Matters

Arcade FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply

 

Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2008   #1
Italics
Baby Kupi
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 42
Send a message via MSN to Italics
Default Srsly kids, what's your problem?

I feel like ranting after reading some 'I hate' diaries on Kupika :B

WHAT is everyone's problem with certain cliques? :| I mean, the diaries I read were directed at scene/emo kids, but it applies to anyone really. If someone wants to wear skinny jeans and dark eyeliner, why can't they without getting crap from someone else? Differences make the world beautiful but for some reason most people feel the need to try and destroy anything that's different.

I'm gonna use the scene example cause people seem to get really mad about that one (; I've been called a scene but psht, don't call me biased ;]
If I want to go out into town, or whatever, I want to wear clothes that I like, that suit me. I don't care what other people think but when you hear a complete stranger shouting at you for the way you look, you don't exactly feel on top of the world. How is it hurting that person that you are wearing YOUR clothes? No one put themselves in a stereotype, it's generally what other people call them. They may adopt that term and use it to describe themselves but usually, they didn't start it off.
Loads of people use the way they dress to express themselves. If that means that they want to stand out, then they'll wear clothes that are different. And if they want to blend in, they'll wear clothes that are 'normal'. There's nothing wrong with that, because everyone has their own style.
I've heard people say that 'scenes' are all clones of each other, that they all look the same. They don't all look the same, I have never seen two scenes, or two people for that matter, that look exactly the same. They may look similar in the way they dress or how they wear their make-up, but isn't that how the whole world works? There are certain fashions that certain people follow. Say it was printed in a major fashion magazine that tophats were suddenly ultra-fashionable. The majority of the readers of that magazine would go out and buy a tophat, no? Does that mean that they are all the same?

I hate the fact that if one 'scene' crosses someone, to that person all 'scenes' are suddenly evil. People are different. The way someone looks shouldn't dictate the way you think of them. It's not that far from racism really, is it? True, you can't change the skin you're born with and you can change your style, but that would be being who you're not and almost everyone who hates 'scenes' is totally for being yourself. Being a 'scene' is often a person just being themselves.

Yeah, this is just me putting thoughts together in a random order, so someone help me out here xD
__________________
[center]JessX?                  CRASHMAT™ center]
Italics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008   #2
Lyncheh
Kupika Addict
 
Lyncheh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,518
Default Re: Srsly kids, what's your problem?

inb4topicmove.

I get called a goth because I have dark brown hair and place skin. And I wear eyeliner. Lol@that.
Yeah, the prejudice is pretty bad.
But I have to admit that I sometimes secretly think badly about people who dress with..gold chains and knock-off reebok trainers and blast music out of their phones {chavs}. : |
I guess a lot of us have prejudice, but some people act on it and it turns into this anti-scene/emo stuff we have going on.
__________________
 
Lyncheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008   #3
Sanyu
Kupika Addict
 
Sanyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 4,023
Default Re: Srsly kids, what's your problem?

I can definitely see a bit of both worlds, and I'm no angel, so I'm not even going to pick a side and pretend to support it. All I can really say is that society and people suck. DIAF please, society.
__________________
Forever wondering how the hell she amassed 4000 posts
Sanyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008   #4
dragongelf
Kupikan
Space Invaders Champion, Starcastle Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Helicopter Champion, Cell-Out Champion, Othello Champion, Penguin Pass Champion
 
dragongelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,381
Default Re: Srsly kids, what's your problem?

people try so desperatly to fit into one group because of everyones prejuduce (sp?) for every other groups...

20 years ago, if you were a nerd/geek you'd get beaten up at every street corner just for being smart, wearing glasses and being socially inept...

now its the "emo" culture...

people often put me in a box with the rest of a "culture" or "clique"... and thats shifted from nerd to goth to emo and back more times than i can count on a day

i decided not to bother anymore and mind my own bussness...

now im happily hating just about every other human being alive on account of being a moron...

it is, however, quite amusing to see how in the "jock" and "prep" cliques its generally ok to be a complete and utterly shallow waste of everyones time... however, on the "emo" side i generally tend to find attention craving rich kids who seriously need to find something better to do than wallow in selfpity...

no im not even kidding... rich kids who have everything they want are wallowing in self pity... i have yet to find a reason for their selfpity...

goths and "satanists" if you can call them that... are generally the people i fit in with the most... i like their music and i find the clothing pretty awsome... just the way they're thinking is what really kills the mood with them...

the whole "life is pointless, everyone should go die" thing... meh... been there, done that...

*reads his own post*

meh... i contradict myself from time to time...

ANYHOW!

cliques? /care...

im all for the global warming thing... flush all this pretentious bullshit down the drain and the survivors can start over... granted that anyone els will survive along with me...

i do hope so... it'd be rather dull if i were the only survivor...

and yes, i do intend to survive anything and everything the world throws at me...

so comon with the nuclear holocaust/winter and the global warming! (again a contradiction? how can a nuclear winter work with global warming?)
__________________
cant be bothered to do a better sig
dragongelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008   #5
Italics
Baby Kupi
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 42
Send a message via MSN to Italics
Default Re: Srsly kids, what's your problem?

Originally Posted by dragongelf
on the "emo" side i generally tend to find attention craving rich kids who seriously need to find something better to do than wallow in selfpity...

no im not even kidding... rich kids who have everything they want are wallowing in self pity... i have yet to find a reason for their selfpity...
I'm not saying that there aren't people who act 'emo' just for attention, for the sake of it
But some kids do it because they feel insecure and they crave attention and feel the need to think of a [usually fake] reason to get attention
Not advisable, obviously, but still, they're not all as arrogant and stupid as they seem :/
__________________
[center]JessX?                  CRASHMAT™ center]
Italics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008   #6
dragongelf
Kupikan
Space Invaders Champion, Starcastle Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Helicopter Champion, Cell-Out Champion, Othello Champion, Penguin Pass Champion
 
dragongelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,381
Default Re: Srsly kids, what's your problem?

Originally Posted by JessxHEARTS
I'm not saying that there aren't people who act 'emo' just for attention, for the sake of it
But some kids do it because they feel insecure and they crave attention and feel the need to think of a [usually fake] reason to get attention
Not advisable, obviously, but still, they're not all as arrogant and stupid as they seem :/
may be the case of there but here the "emo" thing is just a wanna be attention seeking thing...

it makes me resent "emo's" or rather... "wemo's"

im sure there's some real emo's with a real reason for the whole thing... but the its the cold truth that the general "emo" population around here are all because of the attention they get and because they appearantly think that it'll make them "sexy"

i still have no clue how being an obnoxious, poshy retard who keeps screaming they'll kill themselves and then "not" do anything to live up to it makes you sexy... srsly... can anyone explain?
__________________
cant be bothered to do a better sig
dragongelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008   #7
Sanyu
Kupika Addict
 
Sanyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 4,023
Default Re: Srsly kids, what's your problem?

Originally Posted by dragongelf
i still have no clue how being an obnoxious, poshy retard who keeps screaming they'll kill themselves and then "not" do anything to live up to it makes you sexy... srsly... can anyone explain?
That isn't the thing people find sexy. That's my explanation :P

But anyway, I've said it a million times and shouldn't have to say it again.. I guess there's no helping it. Emo doesn't exist. People are misguided.
__________________
Forever wondering how the hell she amassed 4000 posts
Sanyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008   #8
sugartastic
Kupikan
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,745
Send a message via AIM to sugartastic
Default Re: Srsly kids, what's your problem?

Originally Posted by dragongelf
it is, however, quite amusing to see how in the "jock" and "prep" cliques its generally ok to be a complete and utterly shallow waste of everyones time... however, on the "emo" side i generally tend to find attention craving rich kids who seriously need to find something better to do than wallow in selfpity...

no im not even kidding... rich kids who have everything they want are wallowing in self pity... i have yet to find a reason for their selfpity...
I second this. Seriously. ;|

This is what makes me hate this little label so much. The self-pity, the selfishness, the blatant suicide threats (the ones that lie about it so they'll get comments, attention etc... it's disgusting). I can go on and on, but everyone's heard what I think of this before. The little fake ones that pretend to be depressed are the ones I can't stand. I just find it incredibly insulting that they can use something as serious as a mental disorder -- like depression -- and suicide as part of their little attention-grabbing schemes. It's disgusting, insensitive and it makes them look bad. Yeah, THOSE are the ones I don't get, and I never WILL get them, nor will I ever approve of their behavior. It's childish, and I hope with everything I've got that they'll grow out of that little phase.

You might say, "What about the REAL emos?" or something along those lines, but I don't believe in the whole "real or fake" emos or any of that -- it's all just labels to me. Unnecessary. Just another thing that society created, and like Sanyu said, society can DIAF. ?

Now, if you mean people that are actually depressed and not doing it for attention, that's a whole different story, and probably a whole different post. o.o The difference here is that they're called "DEPRESSED", not "emo". Emo =/= depressed. I hope people don't get the two mixed up. And if you mean people that wear eyeliner or tight pants, well, hey, that's just your style, I guess. I don't see how wearing certain things make you a certain person, but I guess people just aren't smart enough to figure that out yet... exactly my point. Labels are based on this idea -- wear this, act like this, and you'll be accepted and just like us! Confoooorrrm. *hypnotize* Er, anyway. Yes. XD Apparently if you wear a certain amount of black it makes you fall under a label. You should ignore their accusations, they're probably not all that bright anyway. And lots of people wear eyeliner -- the supposed "preps", "emo", "punks" etc... o.o And some people just wear it just to wear it, I suppose. Not everyone puts themselves under a label, and I hope those people realise that someday. XD;

If you just happen to like black clothes, then that's just you. You don't have to be "scene" to like these things. And I love pink and cute things, but I would never label myself as "prep", nor would I want anyone else to, but people will go ahead and do it anyway, because people are annoying like that. T_T

Originally Posted by Sanyu-?
That isn't the thing people find sexy. That's my explanation :P
I agree. :O

I actually think the reason people yell "omgHAWT lawl" whenever they see a "scene" or "emo" kid isn't because of their behavior, like you said. XD It's not because of their constant pity parties, but probably for the way they look, unfortunately. XD People usually just focus on looks. ;O I always hear them going on about this scene boy's pictures, his hair, the way he does his eyeliner, blah blah blah... just look around on Kupika, you'll see. XD! I don't think it has anything to do with the majority of their behavior, too. If anything, I find most of their behavior the most repulsive thing about them. o.o

However, this is just me. XD Feel free to ignore anything I said. As a cool guy that I admire once said, "It's just my opinion, likely to be as flawed as anyone else's."
__________________
- &lt;img src=&quot;http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l208/kittyLOLLIPOPx/puccaheart.jpg&quot;&gt; - <br /><br />&lt;img src=&quot;http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l208/kittyLOLLIPOPx/yeychii.png&quot;&gt;<br /><br />&lt;i&gt;and if i don't come back here<br />will you r e m e m b e r me?&lt;/i&gt;<br />
sugartastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008   #9
dragongelf
Kupikan
Space Invaders Champion, Starcastle Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Helicopter Champion, Cell-Out Champion, Othello Champion, Penguin Pass Champion
 
dragongelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,381
Default Re: Srsly kids, what's your problem?

Originally Posted by sugartastic
I second this. Seriously. ;|

This is what makes me hate this little label so much. The self-pity, the selfishness, the blatant suicide threats (the ones that lie about it so they'll get comments, attention etc... it's disgusting). I can go on and on, but everyone's heard what I think of this before. The little fake ones that pretend to be depressed are the ones I can't stand. I just find it incredibly insulting that they can use something as serious as a mental disorder -- like depression -- and suicide as part of their little attention-grabbing schemes. It's disgusting, insensitive and it makes them look bad. Yeah, THOSE are the ones I don't get, and I never WILL get them, nor will I ever approve of their behavior. It's childish, and I hope with everything I've got that they'll grow out of that little phase.

You might say, "What about the REAL emos?" or something along those lines, but I don't believe in the whole "real or fake" emos or any of that -- it's all just labels to me. Unnecessary. Just another thing that society created, and like Sanyu said, society can DIAF. ?

Now, if you mean people that are actually depressed and not doing it for attention, that's a whole different story, and probably a whole different post. o.o The difference here is that they're called "DEPRESSED", not "emo". Emo =/= depressed. I hope people don't get the two mixed up. And if you mean people that wear eyeliner or tight pants, well, hey, that's just your style, I guess. I don't see how wearing certain things make you a certain person, but I guess people just aren't smart enough to figure that out yet... exactly my point. Labels are based on this idea -- wear this, act like this, and you'll be accepted and just like us! Confoooorrrm. *hypnotize* Er, anyway. Yes. XD Apparently if you wear a certain amount of black it makes you fall under a label. You should ignore their accusations, they're probably not all that bright anyway. And lots of people wear eyeliner -- the supposed "preps", "emo", "punks" etc... o.o And some people just wear it just to wear it, I suppose. Not everyone puts themselves under a label, and I hope those people realise that someday. XD;

If you just happen to like black clothes, then that's just you. You don't have to be "scene" to like these things. And I love pink and cute things, but I would never label myself as "prep", nor would I want anyone else to, but people will go ahead and do it anyway, because people are annoying like that. T_T

I agree. :O

I actually think the reason people yell "omgHAWT lawl" whenever they see a "scene" or "emo" kid isn't because of their behavior, like you said. XD It's not because of their constant pity parties, but probably for the way they look, unfortunately. XD People usually just focus on looks. ;O I always hear them going on about this scene boy's pictures, his hair, the way he does his eyeliner, blah blah blah... just look around on Kupika, you'll see. XD! I don't think it has anything to do with the majority of their behavior, too. If anything, I find most of their behavior the most repulsive thing about them. o.o

However, this is just me. XD Feel free to ignore anything I said. As a cool guy that I admire once said, "It's just my opinion, likely to be as flawed as anyone else's."
this

seriously

sugartastic <3

being depressed has nothing to do with being emo...

hell, psychiatrists say that im bi-polar, which explains my moodswings and depressions

but i dont swing it around to get attention from everyone and no one for no reason...

and i dont get why anyone would... all it gets is people pissed off at you when they find out...

it annoys me to no end to see it... and it is everywhere...
__________________
cant be bothered to do a better sig
dragongelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #10
darkdreams
Kupikan
 
darkdreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 546
Default Re: Srsly kids, what's your problem?

I feel like beating them oh i wrote a diary saying i want to kill my self kid. Stfu go play some sports for the love of pete.
__________________
And when the stars are shining brightly <br />In the velvet sky, <br />I'll make a wish <br />Send it to heaven <br />Then make you want to cry..
darkdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump

Similar Threads

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I have a problem. PTfan_1234 Random Discussion 8 02-16-2009 08:00 PM
PROBLEM >_> nora www.c0m.bz discussion 11 08-06-2008 12:05 PM
Warning: Topic not suitable for kids. Anon-47785 Controversial Issues 62 07-31-2008 01:52 AM
i lol'd greatly (may be less suitable for the younger kids due to language) dragongelf Random Discussion 3 07-30-2008 05:46 PM
So...uhh....I'm just concerned about the kids so please look here? cheeky_angel004 KupiChat 4 05-26-2008 12:32 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Content Relevant URLs by YABBSEO v1.1.