Kupika.net

Kupika.net

 The official Kupika forum


Go Back   Kupika.net > Kupika > Stuff That Matters

Arcade FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply

 

Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2008   #21
Sanyu
Kupika Addict
 
Sanyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 4,023
Default Re: Srsly kids, what's your problem?

Originally Posted by GothikSwan
You say this as if kids who just happen to be rich have nothing to be sad about. As if they actually have no reason to be depressed. Which while I understand that you might see them having no reason to be depressed for material possessions and such, there is still reasons that they can get sad. And ok, self pity might not quite be the word to describe it, but being what can be labelled as a 'rich kid' myself (go to a private school, my dad owns a company etc.) I do find it a little bit unfair.
He's probably referencing the original LA Scene, most of which are probably spoiled myspace famous kids. Also, AGAIN I WILL SAY THIS. EMO =/= DEPRESSED. Argh. As soon as you make this connection you're making it harder for yourself to get away from it. Anyone.

Originally Posted by GothikSwan
And far from my life being perfect, I have a very broken up family. A half family, my family, and a step family. My dad has had three wives, all at different times, and the one he decided to stay with in the end hates me. As in, she stormed out of the house on my birthday saying that she didn't want to be in the same room as me. And took her daughters with her. The things that lay up to this? A lot. Basically, she had her daughters calling my skeleton, anorexic, skiiny, boney etc. and me complaining to me mum. my mum writing an email to my dad... and then my stepmum reading my dad's email. and a lot in between, before and after.
the thing is, im not even slightly anorexic. i went to the doctors about it because my stepmum insistsed, and they said nothing was wrong. that didn't stop them from teasing me though, did it?
That's random?

Originally Posted by GothikSwan
phew. Well, thats the end of my tirade. And so what I'm basically saying is, that while some of the rich kids have nothing to be sad about, dont make stereotypes of them either. Because that just makes yourself your own hypocrites.
You're the one stereotyping your rich classmates as potential "emos." ><
__________________
Forever wondering how the hell she amassed 4000 posts
Sanyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #22
darkdreams
Kupikan
 
darkdreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 546
Default Re: Srsly kids, what's your problem?

Hey i take zoloft let me whine about how i really hate my self and wish i was dead. No you don't see me doing that,i wish those things-that-shall-not-be-named would just stop and get a life.
__________________
And when the stars are shining brightly <br />In the velvet sky, <br />I'll make a wish <br />Send it to heaven <br />Then make you want to cry..
darkdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #23
dragongelf
Kupikan
Space Invaders Champion, Starcastle Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Helicopter Champion, Cell-Out Champion, Othello Champion, Penguin Pass Champion
 
dragongelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,381
Default Re: Srsly kids, what's your problem?

Originally Posted by GothikSwan
ok, there is just one small thing I'd like to object to here. And I do get your point but something annoys me.

You say this as if kids who just happen to be rich have nothing to be sad about. As if they actually have no reason to be depressed. Which while I understand that you might see them having no reason to be depressed for material possessions and such, there is still reasons that they can get sad. And ok, self pity might not quite be the word to describe it, but being what can be labelled as a 'rich kid' myself (go to a private school, my dad owns a company etc.) I do find it a little bit unfair.

Ok, so I'm pretty lucky on the front that I get a good education as such. Apart from the fact that where I get my education, I get teased like hell. An all girls school, which sucks for the fact that i tower about an inch above anyone else, and every single girl seems to be obsessed with guys and their own bodies. Where rumours aren't even hidden from you but asked straight to your face. I board, and guess what I het in the evening? An inquisition every single night on different subject... I won't mention the subjects here, because they're slightly embarrasing for myself, but they're bad. And I just wonder what people would say if they actually knew i was bi. First and foremost, I'd lose half my friends... Some of my friends parents are even homophobic... As in, even they wouldn't like me... Discourage they're kids to like me.

And far from my life being perfect, I have a very broken up family. A half family, my family, and a step family. My dad has had three wives, all at different times, and the one he decided to stay with in the end hates me. As in, she stormed out of the house on my birthday saying that she didn't want to be in the same room as me. And took her daughters with her. The things that lay up to this? A lot. Basically, she had her daughters calling my skeleton, anorexic, skiiny, boney etc. and me complaining to me mum. my mum writing an email to my dad... and then my stepmum reading my dad's email. and a lot in between, before and after.
the thing is, im not even slightly anorexic. i went to the doctors about it because my stepmum insistsed, and they said nothing was wrong. that didn't stop them from teasing me though, did it?

phew. Well, thats the end of my tirade. And so what I'm basically saying is, that while some of the rich kids (like quite a few of the ones at my school: one cried for a week because she wasn't allowed a pony) have nothing to be sad about, dont make stereotypes of them either. Because that just makes yourself your own hypocrites.
i understand your point... and i didnt say or mean that rich kids dont have anything to complain about...

but the rich kids im referring to (the ones i know in real life, the posh fucktards) have nothing to complain about... they go to the same school as me... have hundreds upon hundreds of euro's (european currency used in most european countries) to spend every WEEK... they grow up in a loving caring enviroment with 2 parents who love them to bits and buy anything and everything they want without them having to do a thing for it...

basicly... they have the life most kids dream of... then they go around screaming that they're unhappy for god only knows why and that they're going to kill themselves... they also claim that they cut their arms but refuse to show anyone the marks... yet when they are in gymclass and they change into the gymclothes their arms are clean of marks...

i understand that not all the rich kids have good lives... hell... most of them are probably not that great... but these kids... these rich, lucky kids... they have nothing to complain about... you can tell me a lot... but these are not people who should be doing this...
__________________
cant be bothered to do a better sig
dragongelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #24
sugartastic
Kupikan
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,745
Send a message via AIM to sugartastic
Default Re: Srsly kids, what's your problem?

Originally Posted by Sanyu-?
I'm boycotting the term EMO on this forum. Please follow, fellow members.
-follows this-

Seriously, I've been thinking this for a while now. XD I'd rather not even acknowledge it. TwT

-gets bricked-
__________________
- &lt;img src=&quot;http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l208/kittyLOLLIPOPx/puccaheart.jpg&quot;&gt; - <br /><br />&lt;img src=&quot;http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l208/kittyLOLLIPOPx/yeychii.png&quot;&gt;<br /><br />&lt;i&gt;and if i don't come back here<br />will you r e m e m b e r me?&lt;/i&gt;<br />
sugartastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #25
CaptainKirsty
Kupikan
 
CaptainKirsty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 771
Send a message via MSN to CaptainKirsty
Default Re: Srsly kids, what's your problem?

COOL COOL COOL COOL
__________________
CaptainKirsty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #26
Sanyu
Kupika Addict
 
Sanyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 4,023
Default Re: Srsly kids, what's your problem?

COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL COOL baw :3
__________________
Forever wondering how the hell she amassed 4000 posts
Sanyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #27
Serpent
Baby Kupi
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 13
Default Re: Srsly kids, what's your problem?

sorry Sanyu.....
Serpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #28
darkdreams
Kupikan
 
darkdreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 546
Default Re: Srsly kids, what's your problem?

Just like there is no tooth fairy there is not such thing as emo,it is just something we use to blame why people today are so fake.
__________________
And when the stars are shining brightly <br />In the velvet sky, <br />I'll make a wish <br />Send it to heaven <br />Then make you want to cry..
darkdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #29
aranee
Jr. Kupi
 
aranee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 156
Send a message via MSN to aranee
Default Re: Srsly kids, what's your problem?

I believe that people just get mixed up between emo and depression.
I used to too!
I am not proud of it.

Some idiot from America... just said one day that emos slit their wrists and all that crap.
Then people got wind of it.
Changing the meaning of emo now would be difficult.
Since most people got it in their heads that it means depression.

But then somebody else told me that emo was MOST DEFINITELY a STYLE.

Oh well...
Can't blame the cruel world anyways. *sigh*
__________________

My Soul, Corrupted by Vengence;
Hath endured Torment to find the End of the Journey.
aranee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #30
Sanyu
Kupika Addict
 
Sanyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 4,023
Default Re: Srsly kids, what's your problem?

Originally Posted by aranee
Changing the meaning of emo now would be difficult.
Since most people got it in their heads that it means depression.
It isn't changing it, it's setting people straight and telling them they got it wrong. It isn't redefining, it's realigning misinformation.

It is a style. The style's correct 21st Century name is scene.
__________________
Forever wondering how the hell she amassed 4000 posts
Sanyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump

Similar Threads

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I have a problem. PTfan_1234 Random Discussion 8 02-16-2009 07:00 PM
PROBLEM >_> nora www.c0m.bz discussion 11 08-06-2008 11:05 AM
Warning: Topic not suitable for kids. Anon-47785 Controversial Issues 62 07-31-2008 12:52 AM
i lol'd greatly (may be less suitable for the younger kids due to language) dragongelf Random Discussion 3 07-30-2008 04:46 PM
So...uhh....I'm just concerned about the kids so please look here? cheeky_angel004 KupiChat 4 05-25-2008 11:32 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Content Relevant URLs by YABBSEO v1.1.