Kupika.net

Kupika.net

 The official Kupika forum


Go Back   Kupika.net > Kupika > Stuff That Matters

Arcade FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply

 

Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2008   #11
Italics
Baby Kupi
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 42
Send a message via MSN to Italics
Default Re: Srsly kids, what's your problem?

Yeah, I do agree, I'm not trying to defend people like that :/ They're annoying and sad and partly why people see someone dressed in dark clothes are go 'Ew, depressed emo kid'
Because people no longer look past the surface :|
__________________
[center]JessX?                  CRASHMAT™ center]
Italics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #12
darkdreams
Kupikan
 
darkdreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 546
Default Re: Srsly kids, what's your problem?

Now it seems if your all dark and such your cool not,when will people learn?
__________________
And when the stars are shining brightly <br />In the velvet sky, <br />I'll make a wish <br />Send it to heaven <br />Then make you want to cry..
darkdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008   #13
supp_katie
Baby Kupi
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3
Default Re: Srsly kids, what's your problem?

well, after reading this conversation you're all having, i have quite alot too say.
firstly; its not just emo's/scene people that get discriminated against, and I know quite alot of "scene" or "emo" people that discriminate against, "preps" or "chavs" ect.
its one big circle, no one seems to like people who are different too them, whether it be emo's not liking preps, or chav's not liking scene people. If they arent in their "clique" they are suddenly the enemy, or whatever.
I think that all kinds of discrimination against anyone is just, not worth it, its a waste of breath, a waste of time and definately just shows how low someone is.
But i honestly wouldn't hate all the "preps" because one of them was bagging out an emo kid once upon a time, because its not about who the people hang out with, they are individual's and the individual person has the choice to accept people or not.
What people wear might express them in some way or another, but you dont know what a person's like because their myspace is all black and red, what music they listen too, or what they wear. They might be happy, but just like that style of clothing/music/colour sceme. And just because someone who looks "emo" is happy doesnt mean that they are a "wemo" or a poser, they are wearing what they want too wear, they are an individual, no one in any clique is the same, they are all different, they just have alot in common.
judging people you dont know, or stereotyping people, is just stupid, and low.

i rest my case. lol.
supp_katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008   #14
Sanyu
Kupika Addict
 
Sanyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 4,023
Default Re: Srsly kids, what's your problem?

I'm boycotting the term EMO on this forum. Please follow, fellow members.
__________________
Forever wondering how the hell she amassed 4000 posts
Sanyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008   #15
Lyncheh
Kupika Addict
 
Lyncheh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,518
Default Re: Srsly kids, what's your problem?

Originally Posted by Sanyu-?
I'm boycotting the term EMO on this forum. Please follow, fellow members.
*am doing so*
__________________
 
Lyncheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008   #16
neoeno
Jr. Kupi
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 136
Send a message via AIM to neoeno Send a message via MSN to neoeno
Default Re: Srsly kids, what's your problem?

Originally Posted by dragonelf
it is, however, quite amusing to see how in the "jock" and "prep" cliques its generally ok to be a complete and utterly shallow waste of everyones time... however, on the "emo" side i generally tend to find attention craving rich kids who seriously need to find something better to do than wallow in selfpity...

no im not even kidding... rich kids who have everything they want are wallowing in self pity... i have yet to find a reason for their selfpity...
People don't do things for no reason. If you think rich kids shouldn't complain because they can have anything material they want... that seems pretty shortsighted to me. Everyone needs attention. Perhaps no one paid them any attention when they were growing up, or perhaps they were given the wrong kind. Nearly everyone we meet is far more complex than we will ever see... especially those who don't seem it.

Originally Posted by sugartastic
This is what makes me hate this little label so much. The self-pity, the selfishness, the blatant suicide threats (the ones that lie about it so they'll get comments, attention etc... it's disgusting). I can go on and on, but everyone's heard what I think of this before. The little fake ones that pretend to be depressed are the ones I can't stand. I just find it incredibly insulting that they can use something as serious as a mental disorder -- like depression -- and suicide as part of their little attention-grabbing schemes. It's disgusting, insensitive and it makes them look bad. Yeah, THOSE are the ones I don't get, and I never WILL get them, nor will I ever approve of their behavior. It's childish, and I hope with everything I've got that they'll grow out of that little phase.
Ask yourself a question. What would it take to get you to do the same thing they do? If you need attention so much that you're willing to pretend you're going to commit suicide, what must be going through your head? And of course, some of them might not be joking some of the time.

Originally Posted by sugartastic
You might say, "What about the REAL emos?" or something along those lines, but I don't believe in the whole "real or fake" emos or any of that -- it's all just labels to me. Unnecessary. Just another thing that society created, and like Sanyu said, society can DIAF. ?
Not to get at you particularly, sugartastic, but this Society Scapegoat needs to stop. You're society, I'm society, we're all society, we can even all make out own society. Pretty much everything you can think of is created by society... school, work, jobs, money, media, music, this forum and the needs that caused this forum to exist. So change it, for your little section of society, and at the very least understand it (the answer is always far more complicated than face value)

Originally Posted by sugartastic
And if you mean people that wear eyeliner or tight pants, well, hey, that's just your style, I guess. I don't see how wearing certain things make you a certain person, but I guess people just aren't smart enough to figure that out yet... exactly my point. Labels are based on this idea -- wear this, act like this, and you'll be accepted and just like us! Confoooorrrm. *hypnotize* Er, anyway. Yes. XD Apparently if you wear a certain amount of black it makes you fall under a label. You should ignore their accusations, they're probably not all that bright anyway. And lots of people wear eyeliner -- the supposed "preps", "emo", "punks" etc... o.o And some people just wear it just to wear it, I suppose. Not everyone puts themselves under a label, and I hope those people realise that someday. XD;
Labels aren't necessarily based on that... sure, it's an effect in some cases but it's not necessarily why people join them. Painting is a useful analogy. Take... I dunno, surrealism. One guy went out and did all this crazy stuff, and other painters were like "Dude that shit is fucking awesome", and so they were influenced by the guys work and built on it themselves. Some people like the emoscene fashion, so they take the ideas and make it into something they like to wear. Of course, they share the same base, and so they will often look similar, but it's not necessarily conforming (any more than the surrealists were all conformists to that style of painting). Similarly, it's called scene because... that's just the word for it, same as surrealism was the word for the style.

Now, if you want to talk about conforming, this is it: when you are in some way coerced to wear a certain style of clothes. School uniform, suits (there's a group of people who really /do/ all look the same), and those who wear clothes because they have to keep up with what's 'in' fashion rather than because they like it.

As to when labels are used unhelpfully... that's when you associate a given personality with it. "Emos slit their wrists", "Chavs are thugs", etc.

Nothing against you personally, sugartastic. Just that your post covered everything I wanted to talk about in this thread...

So yeah... "every [wo]man is a variation of yourself". No one's so simple that they can be reduced to a single definition of a group... and all of the people in a group deserve at least a modicum of our respect.
__________________
"My boy, I've discovered something very important. Up to now, I've been making one big mistake: you should sleep in the daytime, and stay awake at night, otherwise you'll lose the best part of your life"
neoeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008   #17
toinks
Baby Kupi
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5
Default Re: Srsly kids, what's your problem?

grr i get called emo/goth and yea i were tight jeans and the eyeliner and stuff but that doesnt rilly give them any reson to do that i think change/diffrence is good but some people dont think so i just about screamed my head off at the last person who yelled at me for being emo.
toinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008   #18
Serpent
Baby Kupi
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 13
Default Re: Srsly kids, what's your problem?

I hate labels...because of labels I don't fit anywhere....now I don't wish to break the boycott but I might if I get to angry.....bad things happen when I get angry.....okay so I have to deal with preps calling me "Emotional" and the "Emotionals" calling me preps.....ugh.....I used to fit in everywhere.....now I just don't know what the heck to do....
Serpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #19
Sanyu
Kupika Addict
 
Sanyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 4,023
Default Re: Srsly kids, what's your problem?

Originally Posted by Serpent
I hate labels...because of labels I don't fit anywhere....now I don't wish to break the boycott but I might if I get to angry.....bad things happen when I get angry.....okay so I have to deal with preps calling me "Emotional" and the "Emotionals" calling me preps.....ugh.....I used to fit in everywhere.....now I just don't know what the heck to do....
The whole reason I'm even boycotting the term emo is because people misrepresent it. Don't replace it with Emotional. That's even worse.. :/
__________________
Forever wondering how the hell she amassed 4000 posts
Sanyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #20
GothikSwan
Baby Kupi
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2
Default Re: Srsly kids, what's your problem?

Originally Posted by dragongelf
however, on the "emo" side i generally tend to find attention craving rich kids who seriously need to find something better to do than wallow in selfpity...

no im not even kidding... rich kids who have everything they want are wallowing in self pity... i have yet to find a reason for their selfpity...
ok, there is just one small thing I'd like to object to here. And I do get your point but something annoys me.

You say this as if kids who just happen to be rich have nothing to be sad about. As if they actually have no reason to be depressed. Which while I understand that you might see them having no reason to be depressed for material possessions and such, there is still reasons that they can get sad. And ok, self pity might not quite be the word to describe it, but being what can be labelled as a 'rich kid' myself (go to a private school, my dad owns a company etc.) I do find it a little bit unfair.

Ok, so I'm pretty lucky on the front that I get a good education as such. Apart from the fact that where I get my education, I get teased like hell. An all girls school, which sucks for the fact that i tower about an inch above anyone else, and every single girl seems to be obsessed with guys and their own bodies. Where rumours aren't even hidden from you but asked straight to your face. I board, and guess what I het in the evening? An inquisition every single night on different subject... I won't mention the subjects here, because they're slightly embarrasing for myself, but they're bad. And I just wonder what people would say if they actually knew i was bi. First and foremost, I'd lose half my friends... Some of my friends parents are even homophobic... As in, even they wouldn't like me... Discourage they're kids to like me.

And far from my life being perfect, I have a very broken up family. A half family, my family, and a step family. My dad has had three wives, all at different times, and the one he decided to stay with in the end hates me. As in, she stormed out of the house on my birthday saying that she didn't want to be in the same room as me. And took her daughters with her. The things that lay up to this? A lot. Basically, she had her daughters calling my skeleton, anorexic, skiiny, boney etc. and me complaining to me mum. my mum writing an email to my dad... and then my stepmum reading my dad's email. and a lot in between, before and after.
the thing is, im not even slightly anorexic. i went to the doctors about it because my stepmum insistsed, and they said nothing was wrong. that didn't stop them from teasing me though, did it?

phew. Well, thats the end of my tirade. And so what I'm basically saying is, that while some of the rich kids (like quite a few of the ones at my school: one cried for a week because she wasn't allowed a pony) have nothing to be sad about, dont make stereotypes of them either. Because that just makes yourself your own hypocrites.
GothikSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump

Similar Threads

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I have a problem. PTfan_1234 Random Discussion 8 02-16-2009 07:00 PM
PROBLEM >_> nora www.c0m.bz discussion 11 08-06-2008 11:05 AM
Warning: Topic not suitable for kids. Anon-47785 Controversial Issues 62 07-31-2008 12:52 AM
i lol'd greatly (may be less suitable for the younger kids due to language) dragongelf Random Discussion 3 07-30-2008 04:46 PM
So...uhh....I'm just concerned about the kids so please look here? cheeky_angel004 KupiChat 4 05-25-2008 11:32 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Content Relevant URLs by YABBSEO v1.1.